When you volunteer at the Food Bank, you'll help sort and package the food we distribute to food pantries, children's snack programs and soup kitchens throughout San Francisco and Marin — enough for more than 100,000 meals each day.
Projects typically involve gleaning fresh produce, repackaging bulk food into family-sized quantities, assembling grocery boxes for seniors, and sorting donations from food drives and grocery stores. In a single shift, you'll be helping thousands of people get the food they need.
Schedule a shift in San Francisco for any of the following times:
- Weekdays: 9:00 am-12:00 pm and 12:30-3:30 pm
- Evenings: Tues. and Weds. 6:00-8:00 pm, and Thurs. 4:00-6:00 pm
- Weekends: Saturdays 9:00 am-12:00 pm and 12:30-3:30 pm, and Sundays 9:00-11:00 am and 12:30-2:30 pm
- Children are welcome to volunteer, too! Volunteers must be at least 8 years old during Saturday projects and 4 years old during Sunday projects. Every middle school-aged child and younger must be accompanied by an adult. To ensure safety in our warehouse, we require a minimum of 1 adult for every 10 students in high school.
Schedule a shift in Marin for any of the following times:
- Mon. and Weds. 9:00 am-12:00 pm and 1:00-3:00 pm
- Tues. and Thurs. 9:00am-12:00 pm
- Contact our Community Engagement Coordinator for more information about student volunteering and additional shift times.
Sign up for our eNews and we'll keep you updated on how your support is making a difference.